The Mentoring Positives Leader Academy is a comprehensive suite of mentoring services designed to bolster social skills, self-confidence, and prepare youth for their post-education career. The Leader Academy takes youth out of the school building and into the community for engaging, meaningful programming.
Since the summer of 2017, Mentoring Positives has partnered with Wisconsin’s Department of Public Instruction to provide participants with experiential learning-based school credit and Leadership Certificates.
Here are a few examples of our Leader Academy programming:
- Weekly Girls and Boys Groups
- “The Hook is the Key” basketball and arts programming
- Flyering and tabling to promote HPV and cancer awareness.
- Field trips to sites like the American Family Insurance Dream Bank, Madison College and 100state
- Off the Block Salsa demos at local stores and markets
- Off the Block Pizza Summer Internship