The Mentoring Positives Leader Academy is a comprehensive suite of mentoring services designed to bolster social skills, self-confidence, and prepare youth for their post-education career. The Leader Academy is set in the community for engaging, meaningful programming.
Since the summer of 2017, Mentoring Positives has piloted and partnered with Madison Metropolitan School District to provide participants in our program with experiential learning-based school credit and Leadership Certificates from the Department of Public Instruction.
Here are a few examples of our Leader Academy programming;
- Weekly Girls and Boys Groups
- “The Hook is the Key” basketball and arts programming
- Flyering and tabling to promote HPV and cancer awareness.
- Field trips to sites like the American Family Insurance Dream Bank, Madison College and 100state
- Off the Block Salsa demos at local stores and markets
- Off the Block Pizza Summer Internship